Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Excuses Excuses

The Number One Reason Why:
All of my friends and neighbors didn't get Christmas treats this year (I made less and ate more. Boo.)
It's January 26th, and I still haven't sent out Christmas cards. We're hoping for Valentine's Day.
I was a huge cause for concern among friends and family when my husband was out of town, and I had shingles and the swine flu.
My laundry didn't get done for three months.
My bathrooms were cleaned only three times in as many months.
I can't remember the last time my floors were vacuumed (not that I could remember anything that wasn't written down - and don't worry, they've been vacuumed now. you were worried right?)
We didn't go see the National Christmas tree.
We didn't go snow tubing over Christmas break.
We didn't go on a fabulous getaway for my birthday.
I didn't end up throwing myself a girl's night out substitute for a baby shower that I wouldn't let anyone else have for me.
...among other things...

p.s. I'm sorry I cropped my face out. To be fair, it was Christmas morning, and I was one week away from having that baby. I wasn't exactly what you might call photogenic.

2 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

It's still a cute picture!

And being pregnant is a perfectly good reason for not doing those things! And so worth it in the end, too!!!!

I didn't know you had shingles. How awful! I hope you recovered from it. I didn't know people still got that! Poor you! The flu too! Boo!!! And yet your new little baby is so perfect. You did a great job incubating her!

Emily Norby said...

Sheesh. I wish I had a good excuse for not cleaning the bathrooms or vacuuming the floor or missing out on the National Christmas Tree.

Maybe you can plan a great birthday getaway for next year, you know, when you turn thirty AGAIN!