Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Big Plans

I turned THIRTY!!!
Isn't that exciting?!
I was pretty excited about it.
In fact, I was so excited about it, that I started planning the party I was going to have back in March.
It was going to be huge!
Phenomenal!
Fantastic fabulous!
Unfortunately,
none of my plans worked out.
So, we invited a few friends to go to dinner with us at the Cheesecake Factory.
It wasn't a terrible Plan B.
We had a lot of fun.
And then we went back to our place to hang out.
Tyler and Amy happened to bring along the supplies for what I will term, a "Mormon drinking game".
Here's how it works:
You put on a song. For us it was Roxanne, by the Police.
Then every time you hear a specific term or phrase (for us, it was "Roxanne"), you eat a marshmallow and take a shot (of Sprite out of kid cups from Ikea preferably) before you hear the term again.
Then you laugh your head off.
This picture pretty much describes how we played the game.
Amy at least tried, me in uncontrollable fits of laughter, and Shoshana tossing it back.
Yes. We are. Hardcore.
Then it was the guys turn.
The song: Message in a Bottle, by the Police
Drinking phrase: I can't remember - "S.O.S" or "Message in a Bottle"
They started out in good spirits, got a good rhythm going, and then ended up sick as dogs.
I thought it was hilarious!
Probably because I spent more time laughing and less time drinking.
Mostly everyone else was groaning and swearing off marshmallows.
Anyway, it turned out to be a fun birthday (thanks guys!).
Now, I think I would like to stop the clock here. Any ideas on how to do that?

4 comments:

Hizzeather said...

ha ha I love it! Gotta try that game!

Hapy Berfday!

adventure knitter said...

yeah, let's never play that game again!

Heatherlyn said...

I'm pretty sure that I wished you happy birthday on facebook. Sorry, I've been soooo lame about birthdays for the last decade. I have a resolution to be better ... next year. :)

Anyway, it sounds like fun! I do not know how to stop the clock. So I've decided that my husband is taking me to Greece when I turn 40. Might as well have something to look forward to if I can't stop it from happening anyway, right?

30 is a really really great age to be!!!

Aaron and Melissa said...

Hope you had a great birthday!!! Wish I could have joined in with the fun party. I sure miss you and think about you lots. We'll talk soon. Happy Birthday!!!