Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow Days I and II

After Owen's sockless snow adventures last year (not to mention his "fat guy in a little coat" styling), we decided to invest in some real snow apparel for the kids this year.

Now if only we could get some more snow.

The first snow of the season:

We pulled out the sled left behind by either our landlord or previous tenants, and the kids had a blast scooting down the little hill in our backyard. I chose not to invest in maternity snow clothes, so I stayed outside just long enough to snap a few pictures and get hit with a few snow balls. Dave was nice enough to build a snow man without gloves, so that I could take a picture. Then I was nice enough to go inside and get him some gloves.

When I was a kid, we would visit my grandparents cabin, pull on whatever snow clothes fit, and play outside all day. I'm so glad my kids could really enjoy the snow this year. They would have stayed out all day, but the neighbors came over in sopping wet sweatpants and a windbreaker and wanted to come in for hot chocolate. And I'm not buying them snow clothes.

Even if it snows like this:

The second snow of the season. I think. At least the second one I remember. It snowed for over 24 hours straight! I can't remember the last time I have seen so much fresh snow. My kids, who I sometimes forget are from Maryland, have never seen so much snow. It was dark, but we let them climb around in it while Dave was shoveling us out.

Now, can we please have some more snow?
Two snow days may not justify the purchase.

2 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

Our little Austin will walk around in the back yard for hours if there is enough snow. I'm grateful for Wal-mart and target. The kids have $10 ski bibs and $10 snow boots. Actually, I think this year the price on snow boots went up to $15. And some gloves and a hat and coat and they are set!!!!! And they love it! Dave is a good sport for makign that snowman!!!!!!

Karen Rowe said...

I think you got your wish?