Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanks-giving Day!

Here's what we are thankful for today:

that we are not car shopping this thanksgiving, owen, evie, dave's job, ikea sheets, cold winter days that kill bugs (they do, right?), my nikon d40, health (well, healthy enough), hawaii, smarty pants dave, chef dave, disposable clorox toilet bowl brushes, the east coast, redbox, portable dvd players, costco, carpoolers, christmas music, dsl, other people's cell phones, blankets, basketball, preschool, forgiving people, wegmans, the library, the primary program, flip flops, warm coats, love,... to name a few...



What kind of turkey did you eat today?
(and by the way, that is chef dave making our traditional "slush" in a giant bowl, because we didn't have another place to mix it all. he also made his mom's yummy orange rolls. thank you chef dave!)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I remember that from last year! (or was it the year before? Both?) It is good stuff!

Aaron and Melissa said...

Sounds so good! We love slushes and the orange rolls. . . I will have to get the recipe for that as well. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Let's hang out soon!

Starley Family said...

I love that the slush is all the way up to the rim on the bowl. Way to maximize the area. I love your thankful list. You've sparked my desire to also make a shout out but I will have to wait for pictures from my sister-in-law from our outing.

adventure knitter said...

The slush and rolls were delicious! Thanks chef Dave!

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

Cool blog guys! I love the list of things you are thankful for!