Sunday, July 15, 2007

We're The Kids In America


By the way, Happy Independance Day! (a little belated, I know)
The combination of a recent wartime novel that I read, being in Hawaii and around Pearl Harbor, and observing Independance Day, has really brought out some patriotism in me. I think that's the word I would use - patriotism. Really what I mean is an overflowing heart with thankfulness for the freedom that I have to think and say what I want and for those who have, are, and will participate in anything that they believe will benefit the common good (which, as a matter of fact, includes me and my precious little family wherever our corner of the world may be). When they played the Star Spangled Banner and the last of the fireworks floated down through the night sky, a tear fell with them.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: