Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Two Owen!

Well, he made it! It seems like it's been a long time coming, and I wondered if he would even make it some days, but Owen has reached his second birthday. And, by the way, he is so funny. You would think by looking at him that he didn't understand what was going on, but I'm pretty sure he knew all day what was going on and just maybe didn't care. Or at least he isn't like me and Evie who get all excited and animated about everything.
Us: "Owen, Happy Birthday!"
Owen: Momentary pause from present activity to lift eyes slightly, but not all the way to eye contact, and then proceeds with activity.
All of that changed though when we got out the cake. It was cake and it had cars on it! Now he was excited. He could barely keep his hands off of it. Then, when everyone sang happy birthday, he started cracking up and singing along, all the while jumping up and down and almost off of his chair. I'm still not sure that he understood it was for him. I think he would have been just as excited to sing for anyone. And, come to think of it, I don't think he really cared if the cars on the cake were for him either. He wanted them, whoever they were for.
Aside from a "Happy Birthday" now and then just to remind me that it was his birthday, it was a pretty mellow day. After his nap he opened a couple of presents (and especially loved his new dinosaur book from grandma and grandpa - have I told you how much he loves dinosaurs? If he could, he would probably turn into one. I think it's a Schorr gene.).



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Owen! I can't wait for your to come home so we can play.