Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby...

Baby!
(anyone else thinking Justin Beiber?)

So (a couple of months ago), after enjoying (well, relatively enjoying at 40+ weeks pregnant) a few weeks of fantastic weather, a little storm blew in, and wouldn't you know - that's just what my contractions needed to regulate.
(Regulators!)
(sorry about the song references)

By the time Dave got back from picking up his Mom at his sister's house, so she could watch the kids, the contractions were getting pretty serious. So, we headed out to the hospital in this:

I had been trying to reach the on call Nurse-Midwife, but her shift was over in an hour, and I wasn't having any luck. So, then I was trying to reach the hospital, which was conveniently not answering the phone at 6am, and I almost swore during one of my contractions. But now that I'm writing this, I'm glad that I didn't, because I never swear, and I would hate to say that the one time I did was in labor.

But we got to the hospital, and got checked in, and then the Nurse-Midwife who had been on call and the one who was coming on duty began a race to get there (from their homes apparently) before I had the baby. And a couple of times, I wanted to swear again. But I didn't.

Anyway, a couple of hours later, we had this!:

Cute Little Baby!

or should I say Big Baby?


Baby Number 4!

Baby Brother.
(barb was sick, so she couldn't come meet him at the hospital)

Meet Neil.
9 pounds, 15 ounces
21.5 inches
Loveble. Huggable. Squeezable. Can't-Get-Enoughable.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: