Friday, July 01, 2011

Macarons II

This is what Laduree looks like in case you are ever wandering up and down the Champs Elysees looking for it. I don't know what I was expecting, but I missed it the first time.
They have a cafe, and also a little retail patisserie. We were just looking for some macarons, so Evelynn and I hopped in the line at the patisserie. The line was long, so Dave waited outside.

Look at these cute little petit fours. They had so many yummy looking treats, I could have spent my life savings and probably not had one of everything.
(okay, so my life savings isn't very big, but still)

But I stuck with the macarons.

That wasn't easy either. There was a pretty good variety. I managed to keep it down to six. I tried to take a picture of the menu of flavors, but the girl said I wasn't allowed, so I had her write them down for me.
The only problem is, I can't read her writing, and it's in French, so I can't even guess.
Let me see if I can remember...

chocolate passion, violet black currant, salted caramel, green apple, raspberry, chocolate
(okay, it turns out the flavors are listed on Laduree's website)

And the survey says...
They were good.
All those fancy flavors, and raspberry and chocolate were the best.
And maybe would have been dreamy if I hadn't had Fauchon first.
So far, I've tried three different brands of macarons, and they've all been very different.
I kind of wonder if everyone's favorite are the first ones they try.
Or maybe I just really like Fauchon.
I guess I'll have to go back to Paris, so I can sample more.
And then there are the Swiss....

No comments: