Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sa Majeste au Bacon

Most people we interacted with spoke English in Paris.
But a few didn't.
And even though it was difficult, I loved trying to speak with them in French.
I think my whole interest in French started in high school by the way. I had to choose a foreign language to speak, and I couldn't figure out why I would want to learn a language unless I was going to use it some day. I chose French and committed to need it someday (they did offer Russian, but I knew I would never need that, so...).
It finally happened.
I needed French to get to Versailles.
We had to take a metro, and then switch to the regional RER train.
The ticket situation was a little tricky for us, and we were low on euros.
But I figured it out.
Yay me!

On the metro heading downtown. This guy was actually really good on the clarinet. We also ran into a guy playing a violin really well under a tunnel, and heard a saxophone once, but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Whenever I hear people playing good classical or jazz music with real instruments, I always tip them if I can. I'd much rather hear that all over my city than... than... well I can't think of anything right now, but I know I've been hit up for tips for worse things. So there.

"Aux Champs Elysees..."

McDonald's on the Champs Elysees in France.
Twice the price.
The same food.
Just mixed up a little.
Oh, and they did have macarons, which we had to try.
And they were yummy, but I liked the Fauchon macarons better.

Another afternoon in France. I love it.

No comments: