Monday, March 14, 2011

Worst Job Ever.

Okay, so maybe not the worst job ever. I have a tendency to exaggerate all the time. Okay, so maybe not all the time. Sometimes. That's where I am all the time. Right in the middle of the road. Right on the middle of the fence. Sometimes.
Alright, that's enough. Back to the Worst Job Ever. Let's take a look at some of these:
Can you even see him? The steeplejack, scraping snow and ice off the roof in temperatures below zero? Can you see him up there?
I would hate that job.

This guy drives this little tractor around scooping all the piles of snow that he just plowed into this big dumpster. And then it snows again, and he plows and scoops again. And again. And again. At least he doesn't drive the dumpster (which is actually a strange cross between a dumpster and a dump truck. I should have gotten a picture of the thing in action). And you would like to think that it's a little warmer inside that little thing than outside in the minus 10's.
I would hate that job.

And finally this guy. This guy shovels snow. All. Day. Long. When my face is freezing off on the walk to school, and the only thing keeping me going is that I only have to be outside for as long as it takes me to get from the house to the school, he's out shoveling. He shovels until all the snow is shoveled. And then my kids climb on those lovely piles of snow lining all of the walks and spill all that lovely snow all over the freshly shoveled walks, and he shovels it again. And when it's all shoveled he takes the spade thing that he's using in the picture above and breaks up all the ice that's under those big piles of snow, and shovels that away. And occasionally, he (and the rest of the crew) will throw ice melt all over all the streets and then crack and bang at the ice covering the whole street until it's all broken up. Can you imagine shoveling snow all day? Or breaking up ice all day? (the ice breaking must be especially hard, because the guy in these pictures was taking frequent breaks) AND being freezing? I would hate that job.
I am always intrigued by things like this though. Do these people like their jobs? Or just appreciate them? Or neither? How about the sixty year old man working the parking booth with a smile at Disney World? Why is he there?
Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this post to be so long. But then again, I never do. I'm always like that.

No comments: