Saturday, March 12, 2011

Great Expectations

So there is this place here in Moscow called Starlite Diner. They have burgers, fries, milkshakes, etc. - you know, like a diner. I was a little hesitant to try it, but then I heard they also serve breakfast. How can you mess up pancakes? So, we went to check it out on a Saturday morning.

(there are a lot of forested park-like areas around Moscow. we live near one of them.)

Looks like a diner.

Feels like a diner.

Even coloring for the kids.

When I saw omelets, french toast, pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc, etc, etc.... I was so excited! They really did have American food! And we also looked at the lunch menu, which had similar choices as Denny's, with a little Applebee's, Chili's, TGIFridays thrown in. Woohoo!

Then the food came, and I was so absolutely disappointed that I forgot about my camera and didn't even take any more pictures until we were on our way home.

Yup, still Russia.

I guess I shouldn't say absolutely disappointed. The kids pancakes were good, and Evie's not picky about her bacon.

The thing is, it wasn't that bad. Russia really isn't bad. It's actually great. And really pretty. And the food is good too. As long as you're not expecting America.
It's all about expectations.

No comments: