Saturday, March 22, 2008

What an Egg-siting Day!

I chose this Easter to introduce my children to the wonder that is Pez. Mostly because it was shelved conveniently, priced reasonably, and the colors coordinated well. But I do have a fond memory of Pez. It was a Valentine's Day spent in Paso Robles, California. It was 1990 and I received a Pez dispenser from my parents. I don't even remember what the head was. I loaded it up with the grape candy first (my least favorite), then the cherry, and finally the raspberry. I think I burned through it in less than an hour, and I don't remember ever seeing it again. I thought I could pass that on to my kids.
Here they are with their bunny Pez dispensers. The candy is already gone.
After they had their fun with Pez, we broke out our new egg game from Target. It's a cute new twist on an old favorite.
They loaded up their big plastic spoons with the big plastic eggs and took off running (or walking slowly).
How cute are these things!
Uh oh! Evie dropped her egg.
Owen doesn't seem to be having any problems. Shells are overrated anyway.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! You always come up with the funnest ideas. (I was sure funnest wasn't a word but the spell check says it's okay. Oh, okay is not okay. Red lines everywhere.) It looks like you guys had a blast. I love the egg game. And the swirling method, seems like there's less chance for getting dye on their clothes. Too cute! Oh, and I love Owen's skepticism about the eggs. What a smart cookie. No wonder Alayna loves him.

Hizzeather said...

What a sweet pez tradition to pass on! It's good that the kids experience that important hour from your life. (That's supposed to be dripping with sarcasm!!!) :) ha ha...love ya!