Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Best Orange Rolls

We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving. By the time the holidays had rolled around last year, I had learned my lesson and declined all invitations. If I was a gambler, I would make billion dollar bets (oh and if I had a billion dollars) on someone in my family getting sick within three days of any major holiday. I know with there only being four of us, the odds aren't super, but based on past experience... it's pretty much a guarantee. So, this year we were brave enough to... dun dun dun... make plans. We had some friends who were generous enough to invite us over. We were making the orange rolls. We were making the slush. We were making the candied yams!!! I mean, come on people - did someone really have to get sick? So, Chef Dave whipped up all the yummies and took Evie over for a food swap while I stayed home with our sick little Owen. Well, they did stay and visit for a while, but they also came home with some delicious turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, pie - you know - the goods. Then we spent the rest of the day snacking, watching some fooootball, and playing games.
(ps. Owen wasn't really that sick, but he was coughing and there were a couple of tiny babies that we felt we should do our part to keep healthy. Ah well. There's always next year... or not.)
Here are the delicious orange rolls Dave made. It's his mom's recipe and they are soooo good. Seriously. I love them. This was our first attempt to make them, and they turned out great - a little bigger than we usually see them, but still my favorite part of the meal.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: