Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Inside of a Volcano

That's what this is, right? Last week, we hiked up to the Makapu'u lighthouse. It was a serious hike pushing a two and a four year old in a monstrous double stroller. Well, it must have been, because it was rough for me, and I wasn't even pushing the stroller. Go Dave! The reward? some great scenic photos! Go me!
This first photo was on the way down. It's Koko Crater. Don't you love the contrast of the desert on the ocean! There was even cactus! or is it cacti?




I thought the light house was a little anticlimactic - one, because it was below us, and smaller than I expected, and two, because we couldn't get close to it. Well, not without following another path that was a little more treacherous and a little less stroller friendly. Don't get me wrong - it's still really pretty, just not exactly what I was expecting.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

adventure knitter said...

Dave, finally made it up to Makapu'u! I knew that you would one day enjoy the fruits of laboring up the sleep slopes of Makapu'u- I told you the view was worth it- I guess you were waiting for the right kind of company to enjoy it with...

-Tyler