Monday, May 11, 2009

Hike Diamond Head: Check

Hiking Diamond Head has been on my to-do list in Hawaii since the first time I came here, nine years ago.
(It's a volcanic crater.)

The mostly paved path is about 3 miles round trip, with oh somewhere around a million stairs.

There were signs and warnings everywhere that said to wear comfortable hiking shoes. We're no sissies though. Flip flops forever!

We were rewarded with a fantastic view of Waikiki and pretty much the entire southern coast of the island (and some guys head) at the top.
It took us about an hour and a half round trip, and the kids didn't even complain once! Pretty good considering they can't even make the ten minute walk to the beach without passing out from exhaust.

4 comments:

adventure knitter said...

when we hiked diamond head (wow! like 4 years ago!! that's crazy to think about...), we were hiking along w/ these japanese women in stiletto heels! i thought they were nuts!

Cal said...

where are Blake and Denny?

Heatherlyn said...

It must have been the power of the flip-flops that kept them going! I love the million stairs (although, not so much if I had to climb them myself!)

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

Congratulations on the hike! It looks like it was a beautiful hike! I was in church the other day and your face came to me out of the blue and I was realized how much I miss you guys. I'm glad to hear you are having such a great time!