Sunday, November 16, 2008

Walden

On our recent trip in Massachusetts, we accidentally went the wrong direction on a turnpike. Nice. Rather than back track, we decided to pull out our handy gps system (also known as a bare bones google map and Sjauna's inherent sense of direction) and see if we could find an alternate route to our destination (we actually toured a few "scenic routes" on our trip by this method). I was so glad we did. A few miles from Concord, we happened upon Walden Pond. Walden has a special place in my heart for several reasons that can't be enumerated in a blog post, but it does. Maybe I'll move there and write a book about it one day, but for now you'll just have to trust me. I didn't realize that it was so close to Concord, and so when making a rough list of things to do on our trip, it got left out, but I was so happy to stumble upon it that crisp autumn morning. With other things to see and do, we only spent about twenty minutes there, but we took a little stroll along the edge, played in the sand, skipped rocks, and just enjoyed the serenity of it all.

Well...

...tried to skip rocks.

Showin' 'em how it's done.
I never knew my husband could skip rocks so well. Although, it doesn't surprise me, he's good at everything (not that I'm biased).
How could you not be inspired in a place like this?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Aren't you glad you got lost? Actually, my dad doesn't believe in lost, he says we just don't know exactly where we are right now. Nice, dad. I would love to visit Walden Pond. Was that one of your favorite talks this conference or what?

Cal said...

Good to know for when we do our trip! :) It is so perfect. I'm inspired just looking at your pictures. I could just imagine..

Heatherlyn said...

Beautiful pictures. I would LOVE to go to Walden Pond. That is sooo very cool.