Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Are You Watching This?

Okay, so in the past, I've always expressed a complete lack of interest in the Olympics. I don't know if it's because I didn't grow up watching them, I'm not athletic, I like to rebel a little against the crowd... who knows, but I love to tell everyone how boring I think the Olympics are. I mean, really... who cares about soooo much money spent on one competition that supposedly decides the world's fastest/strongest/quickest/smartest/whatever? Who cares?
Okay, so then, Dave (who is a big fan of Olympics) turns it on, like he does every other year, and I am mesmerized. And then I remember that I actually like the Olympics. And I watch it every night. And I love it. It stresses me out a little (especially the little teenage powerhouses on the uneven bars), but I really enjoy it. I think it has to do with the fact that I live in the USA and that particular country seems to have a pretty good track record.
Especially this team member:

It's times like these that I'm proud to be from Baltimore.
Have you seen him swim? What do you think of his performance(s)? Because I think that his record 11 gold medals (and counting) are well deserved. Seriously, these swimmers are amazing! Seriously. I don't have anything else to say about it. Except maybe take a minute to watch and appreciate the dedication and perseverance that these young people have. And if you can't appreciate that, then at least there's this:


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Robinson Duo said...

We love watching the olympics. Did you see olympic badminton? Intense.

Go Redeem Team!