Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snow Day 2007

Snow and I, we have a love-hate relationship. So far this year, it's more on the love side.
Let me explain the hate side a little. First, I hate being cold. I also hate bundling up, so the whole winter is kind of a dilemma for me. Then a few years ago, I experienced my first Maryland snow. Hmph. I had a meeting to go to at our church building - about 35 minutes away in normal conditions. I saw the snow. No big deal. We moved here from Utah. I've driven in their snow. It snowed where I grew up in California. No big deal. I went to the meeting in my little Corolla (completely baffled at why there was a run on the grocery store the night before and milk was impossible to find). The Maryland natives at the meeting said they had their eye on the snow and wouldn't let us stay beyond safe conditions. About three hours later, they decided it was time to leave. I scraped the snow off my car with my handy dandy scraper/brush and drove off. To sum up the scariest two hour and forty five minute drive of my life (well, maybe not the scariest...), let's just say three things: 1)it doesn't snow a lot in Maryland, so why spend a lot of money on snow plows when you can just tell people to stay in and then go plow after the storm? 2)the snow is the weirdest snow I've ever seen and it sticks and freezes to EVERYTHING, including the roads, my windshield, AND my windshield wipers, and 3)the roads in Maryland are hillier than I thought.
BUT, I do love snow. I think it's beautiful and I love to play in it until I get cold.
Last week it snowed. Fortunately, Dave was sick and stayed home from work, so I wasn't worried about him on the road. We got comfy and hung out, and Evie and I went out to play a couple of times. Owen was sick too, so he missed it, but I'm not too concerned. It's only December.

This girl loves the camera!


She bummed a ride off some strangers who were sledding and made snow angels everywhere (it was snowing in her face in this photo). We even tried to sneak and surprise our neighbors with an angel, but they had already played, and their snow was all gone.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cal said...

I hope you're warning Evie and Owie about black ice when they're young as someone obvioulsy did so well with you... :0