Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Quick Trip to Japan

A couple of weeks ago, the kids and I visited the Byodo-In Temple with Ashley and her sister Allison. It's beautiful architecture and grounds make for a peaceful atmosphere (probably much more peaceful had I not been chasing two little ones or worrying about my company chasing them while I took pictures).




It is a custom to ring the Peace Bell before entering the temple to clear your mind for knowledge and enlightenment (if I remember correctly). After removing our shoes to enter, we saw the largest wooden Buddha carved in over 900 years, stained with black laquer and gold leaf. I thought it was beautiful. Evie - not so much. She was gone by the time I shot my first picture. She loved the koi, and couldn't wait to feed them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: